Ever wondered what crystals are and what are they even used for? I get asked this question A LOT, and I know it can be really confusing. It was to me for the longest time. I had to do a lot of research and watch tons of documentaries to fully grasp and understand the amazing and magical concept of crystals. I soon understood that crystals are not only beautiful and powerful- but also, a form of life.
Many people think crystals are a new age thing, but they have actually been valued and worked with throughout history. They were universally regarded as sacred in the ancient world, as early as 7,000 years ago is in the Mesopotamian and Babylonian scientific records. The Christian bible references crystals over 200 times. They were used in the foundation of New Jerusalem, ancient tombs of Egyptian and Chinese rulers, and are still used by Native Americans.
For centuries, crystals have been considered valuable for their technological, healing and spiritual qualities. From powering a calculator to being used in ham radios for transmitting and receiving human voice and music for the first time in the 1920s, the wide variety of ways that crystals have and are still being used is astonishing.
Now, people are beginning to remember and re-discover their extraordinary healing and elevating properties, although the mechanism of how they work is still not very well understood.
Although they are defined as a mineralogical body with a characteristic internal structure, enclosed by a symmetry of plane faces – they are so much more than that. They are life!
Everything in the universe is a vibration, existing in different dimensions, through many different frequencies at once. Our physical bodies are on this physical plane, but the sounds that we hear vibrate on a different frequency. As with smells, and even thoughts-- crystals vibrate in many frequencies at once.
Crystals and gemstones have a vibration that is free of resistant patterns. They are amongst some of the structures in the physical dimension which have a balanced, strong cohesive and intentional frequency.
When you hold a crystal and feel its energy, you probably sense it as something separate than you, but in higher frequencies you are actually interacting with that stone energetically. The energy that you are feeling is an energy as stable and perfect as possible.
Human energy on the other hand, is very unstable- it changes very easily influenced by our emotions and surroundings. By holding/using a crystal- its perfect stable energy brings our imperfect human energy into a stable flow. It begins a process of rebalancing the energetic structure of your body's energy centers (chakras).
Of course, consciousness is the determining factor on whether you will be accepting these new frequencies coming into your being through crystals or not. If you are fighting them and are non-receptive to their frequencies- you will continue to create disharmony within yourself. But ultimately, they can be used to attune your chakras to a state of harmony & flow. Crystals are powerful and need to be used with the right intention.
Although we have the infinite power of the universe within ourselves, having an external enhancer may be helpful. Ultimately, the healing has to come from within, but by receiving the energy attention and support crystals provide, and opening up your heart to the frequencies they are emitting, your life can be enhanced and you can feel supported.
1. AMETHYST: It is the perfect tranquilizer if you're stressed and need help to chill out. Also good if you suffer from any type of addiction- from alcohol to chocolate. Amethyst helps you break the cycle of dependency. Amethyst is a meditative and calming stone which works in the emotional, spiritual, and physical planes to promote calm, balance, and peace. It is also used to eliminate impatience.
2. CLEAR QUARTZ: I love clear quartz. It is like the "master key" of crystals. You can basically program it to work however you want as it does most things. It is an energy protector, generator, and cleanser. It is a pure and powerful energy source. It receives, activates, stores, transmits, and amplifies energy. Stimulates brain functions and activates all levels of consciousness. Excellent for meditation. Brings harmony to the soul. Opens the Crown chakra. If I had to start with just one crystal, I would definitely start with this one because of its multiple uses.
3. CITRINE: Known as the "stone of success" because it is said to promote success and abundance. Its enhances mental clarity, confidence, happiness and will power. Citrine is purported to bring good fortune, sometimes in very unexpected ways. Natural Citrine is a premier stone of manifestation, imagination, and personal will. Its frequency awakens creativity and imagination, and sustains the process of transforming dreams and wishes into tangible form. With its pure yellow energy, Citrine encourages fullness of life, fresh beginnings and new pursuits. I love citrine and carry a small one inside my wallet at all times!
4. CARNELIAN: An energizer whenever you are depleted. Carnelian is both an energy booster and an energy stabilizer. Promotes leadership and courage. Although it does increase the energetic flow in any space (or for any body), carnelian does it in a happy and calm kind of way. It is a joyful stone that feels very secure in its essence and transmits the same warmth, protection and inner security to its surroundings.
5. ROSE QUARTZ: One of my favorite crystals. The Universal stone of unconditional love. One of the most important stones for Heart Chakra work, Rose Quartz opens the heart to all types of love. Because it is a type of quartz, Rose Quartz does have a high energy, but its vibe is also calming and soothing. It is a good stone to keep around whenever you have heartbreak; traumas dramas etc. Rose Quartz purifies and opens the heart at all levels to promote love, self-love, friendship, deep inner healing and feelings of peace.
6. SMOKY QUARTZ: Hold Smoky Quartz to relieve tension and stress, anxiety, or panic attacks; also to ward off negative thinking, and to eliminate worry and doubt when faced with chaos or confusion. Promotes a state of inspiration. Also good for energy cleansing. It will pull of negative energy. Cleanses and detoxifies whenever you need to direct energy away.
7. BLACK TOURMALINE: Cleanses + protection against detrimental electromagnetic frequencies, any detrimental energies. If you're sensitive to mobile phones, computers and Wi-Fi this is the stone that will help you. It is also used in some cultures for newborns and small children to repel “evil-eye". Popularly known as “Azabache” in Spanish.
8. SELENITE: I LOVE selenite. It is so beautiful. It is said to be crystalized divine light. Very protective. Lifts up vibration and puts you in touch with your spiritual side. Also cleanses other crystals due to its salt components. It can remove blockages in your energy fields and get rid of the dysfunctional energies from your body. It cleanses your aura of all toxins that affect your physical body. It’s good for your emotional well-being, your flexibility, and your intuition. It gives you strong instincts over time and is extremely good for meditation.
Crystals have incredible abilities to cleanse the energy of a place and to protect your own energy. Balance the energies of your home, deal with any negative energies, and neutralize the effect of too many electronics. Different crystals serve different functions; some improve your luck, others offer protection, and so on. Hope you enjoyed this intro on crystals, stay tuned for part two next week to find out more plus the crystals I can't live without.